Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Projects in the works

If you don't know this about me already...you must know now. I love garage sales...and finding great deals. I am very excited to say that already this garage sale season, I have scored some GREAT deals! Three noteable purchases were a bookshelf for Jude's room, a wingback chair that I am hoping to recover and a buffet made of solid wood that I would like to put in the dining room or masterbath.

My plan was to sand and paint the bookcase for Jude's room as it is very old, but because his books were all over the place, I immediatly shoved the books on the shelf in his room....and decided to put it on hold til I had more time. I found this piece at a sale covered with other little figurines. It wasn't actually for sale--they were using it to display other things that had for sale. (I didn't know this at the time). So when I asked "how much"?, the lady threw out $2, and I was sold!
Perfect size for his books!
Reading a few books before bed time.

The wingback chair was a great deal. I was looking for a "project chair" to recover since I am a beginner sewer and was looking for a reupholstery project. I found this chair at a subdivision sale in Flushing, MI for $10. For now, it is in the garage waiting for me to choose the perfect fabric and spot to place it. I am thinking that it will go into Jude's room when I remove the rocking chair that I use in there now. Otherwise, I was going to make a "reading" space for myself in our spacious master bedroom.
It looks so comfortable but needs work to look fabulous.

As for the buffet, I got it for FREE! What is better than that? I went to a garage sale my aunts new husband was having and I asked how much he wanted for it since it wasn't priced....and he said I could just have it since it was given to him and he just used it in his garage to store some extra tools! How wonderful!
A solid wood buffet for FREE!

That is three pieces of furniture for a mere $17. Others junk (if it can be tastefully redone) is another person's treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment