Friday, February 5, 2016

Tiny Dancer

Growing up in a military family and moving around so much with working parents, I never got the opportunity to take dance lessons or something of the sort when I was super young.  When I found out I was having a little girl, I could not wait to hear what her interests would be.  From a very young age, it was evident that Gwen loved to dance.  This past summer she did a 4 week program that was twice a week.  She liked LOVED it.  We signed her up for lessons the next fall for the preschool program and she literally ran out of her first class asking if she could go straight back into the class because she wanted to do it again.  The studio only allows occasionally viewing for parents and I truly look forward to those days.  Since the fall, we have not missed a single class - I don't think I would be able to slide it past Gwen without her noticing.  She has recently expressed an interest in tumbling.  She watches Youtube Kids videos of people tumbling or doing gymnastics over and over again and attempts what she sees right away.  This summer we are going to give that a go as well.   Who knows at four years old how long dance will peak her interest...but it sure is fun to watch her grow as she learns more and more.  

Look at that form!


No comments:

Post a Comment