I did a small project recently that has saved me a lot of headaches at snack time. Previously, we kept all "dry" snacks in a HUGE lidded jar and every time Jude wanted a snack I brought it out of the cabinet and we would have to pull a million snacks out to get the one he wanted.
I picked up four if these wonderful lidded jars at Salvation Army for $2.00 each. (Yay)! I didn't like the wood finish on them at all so I decided to sand them and paint them a more fun color.
I was able to remove the lids off of two of them but the other two we're stuck on there tight. Also, it was obvious that these hard were heavily used ir right next to the stove if the previous owners because they were quite grimy. It took awhile to get all the yuck off of them before I was able to give them a good sanding.
I am so happy with how well they turned out. It's been nice to just go to the counter and simply see what the choices are and grab it. With the cost at just $8.00 since I had the sanding block and paint on hand, it makes it even better!