Friday, December 2, 2011

So much to blog about...

It was pointed out to me recently that it has been quite some time since my last post. (Thanks Lisa)! =) I am always well aware of the time lapse but as I said many times before, football season in the Galvas House is insane in the membrane! Now that the season has ended, I have returned from my stint away and have plenty to blog about in the coming days, weeks, months, etc. I have been making a list throughout the season so that I was sure to remember what I wanted to blog about but just didn't have the time to do at that moment. So be expecting posts to begin coming consistently again.

As for now I had to share that Jude has acquired a new friend in the form of a Box Elder bug today. (Yuck). I despise this type of bug as they are around by the crap loads twice a year in our area. During that time you can often find me spraying them with the hose trying to drown them or make them miserable or spraying them with some homemade concoction of dish soap and lemon juice. Usually they are gone by now but somehow Jude has found one and apparently he believes it to be one of his BFF's. Usually I would catch it and throw it outside but it's somehow adorable.

He introduced me to "Buggy" as he is so creatively called, this morning. He caught him last night and placed him in Clint's case for his glasses where it slept all night. When Jude woke up he brought it to me and asked me what was in there. I said "nothing". He responded "nah ugh" and opened it up to reveal his treasure. (Buggy). He literally played with him all day long minus the time we were away from home to stop and see Grandma and go to the grocery store. Not to say that he didn't beg to take him and have a melt down when I refused to let him take it.

I felt very bad for the bug all day having to be handled by Jude. I was surprised he was still living by dinner time. I did notice he was limping and missing a leg but he was still alive. That was saying a lot. Sadly though, we had a visit from a football coach friend and his son where Jude insisted on showing Buggy off. By the end of the visit, Buggy was lifeless. Needless to say, I didn't think he stood a chance. I was in shock he lasted as long as he did. I was (surprisingly) sad at his passing since Jude had gotten so attached and even stated that he was part of our family. Luckily, we had a great day with Buggy and even had caught a few pictures of Jude and buggy together. Buggy has no idea how much I appreciated his time spent entertaining Jude today.

Take a look below at the pics. Notice that Buggy is missing a leg in his portrait and Jude holding his home (eyeglass case) proudly.

Oh, the joys of parenting never end.

1 comment: