Thursday, May 13, 2010

more of my continued update...

Hope you enjoyed the pics from my previous post. It really was a great first family vacation. I have a few food and cooking related items to post...so be expecting them! I will start with the first one below. I have been trying to add more to the variety of foods that I offer Jude since I usually pack one of three things for his breakfasts...so last night I made some delicious homemade Apple Muffins from a recipe I found at Allrecipes.com, my all time favorite recipe site! Here are the ingredients to make a dozen of delicious muffins!


(2) cup of flour
(3) tsp. baking powder
(1/2) tsp. salt
(1) tsp. cinnamon
(1/2) cup white sugar
(1/3) cup vegetable oil
(3/4) cup apple juice
(1) egg
(1) cup apples (peeled, cored and finely chopped)


This recipes starts with preheating the oven to 400 degrees and spraying or lining the muffin tins. I did half and half; sprayed (6) for myself and Clint to share and lined (6) in fun liners for Jude.



Next, gather your ingredients.

Here's what I used. (I used Fuji apples---bc I love the sweetness).



Next, you combine all the dry ingredients. (flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt).

I added a little more cinnamon--since I love it and so does Jude.

Mix these ingredients well.


Then, in a seperate bowl combine the apple juice, oil and egg and mix.



You then add the dry mixture to the wet mixture all at once.

(I moved the wet ingredients to a larger mixing bowl so that I could do this step..I thought that I would have to add the wet to dry).

At this point, the mixture looks like creamy, beautiful peanut butter but smelled of cinnamon.



Next, you add the finely chopped cup of apples.




Now, after the addition of the apples, it looked like peanut butter still--but the chunky version.




Scoop the mixture into the tins til they are 2/3 full.



Now is the waiting process. Luckily it only takes 18-22 minutes to bake.

I always take the middle road, so I did 20 minutes.




If only you could smell these babies!

And they were just as yummy as they smell!













We all loved these. I gave Clint the idea to drizzle some warm applesauce on top...and he loved it!

Jude only left crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment