Monday, February 14, 2011

Another Chicken Recipe.

If you haven't noticed yet, we eat a lot of chicken in our home.  It's most likely because I am the cook and it's my fave protein, so I have the final say.  Isn't that wonderful?

Well here is a go to recipe that our family loves.  It's so simple and easy and requires so few ingredients, it is genius. 

I have no pictures to post because when we had this for dinner last week with mashed potatoes and gravy with corn--we devoured it all too quickly to snap even one photo. 

All you need is (3) chicken breast, flattened, half of a brick of cream cheee, softened, (2) tbs. of finely chopped onion and (3) green onions, chopped.  You may sprinkle with a little bit of seasoned salt if desired.

Preheat the oven to 350.  Mix the cream cheese, onions and green onions in a bowl.  Place equal amounts of the mixture in the center of the chicken breasts.  Wrap the chicken around the cheese mixture and place in baking pan with seam down.  Sprinkle with seasoned salt.  Bake for 45 minutes.

This turns out so yummy and delicious.  It is so economical to make as well.  Really, it's maybe about $4-$5 to serve three people!  Yould never would never know it because it looks so fancy on the plate.

If you are craving a little more punch, I have in the past chopped leftover bacon and added it to the mixture.  If I just have defrosted bacon, I wrap the chicken as the last step with a strip of bacon before baking.  Yummy to my tummy!

As a side note--this is a recipe that I have made in a batch and frozen as well.  I follow all the same steps but when it comes time to bake, I place the chicken in a freezer bag and freeze for upto 2 months.  You can secure the chicken shut with a toothpick or wrap in plastic wrap if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment