Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby time

So...we are at the hospital ready to have baby Gwenyth. It is crazy to think that today is the day.  At the moment, we are just in the waiting stage.  To be honest, I am bored out of my mind and am starving.  I want more than ice chips and popcicles please.  I thought eating egg and fruit for breakfast would hold me over but I was wrong. 
I am so ready for her arrival.  I just want to get the show on the road.  I haven't been given any pitocin yet but was given something to soften the cervix.  Depending on the status of my next check, they will break my water which will definately speed things along from what I remember last time. 
My doctor came in to see me and asked me if I had any questions...and I did.  I wanted to know what would be done to check for Down's Syndrome since we have such an increased chance.  He told me they will just look for characteristics, etc. first.  Then, if need be, do some chromosonal testing. 
I am scared of what my reaction might be.  I have not been able to think of anything else in the last two weeks.  I just have the phrase "please don't have Down's Syndrome...please be healthy " repeating in my head.  I am scared that the moment she comes out I will be looking for all the "signs" of it and not just being thrilled with the moment. It makes me feel guilty.
I know that either way we are blessed to have a baby than no baby at all.  We will get through it together.   I am hopeful everything will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment