Thursday, April 21, 2011

Enjoyable walk with reflection time


I am so glad I made the decision to make the trip to Seattle to visit Kristen and Loren.  It's been absolutely wonderful.  There is nothing like being in the presence of your best childhood friend who is not only a delight to be around, but is also a gracious host.

For some reason I suffer from insomnia this pregnancy so I woke up about 5 AM despite the fact that I went to sleep after midnight last night reading the book 29 Gifts I mentioned here.  I woke up this morning to call my mother in law who was watching Jude today to make sure she had everything she needed for the day and again started reading the book. It is so great and I am already almost done.

After I put the book down I putzed around and had a banana and a bowl of shredded wheat (my fave) from their collection of over 25 cereals. No, I am not exaggerating.  I counted.  Next, I used my phone to locate a bakery within walking distance and decided I would take a walk there later after the forecast of rain cleared up. Then I watched a little bit of HGTV, another fave of mine and decided I would take a nap and a bath to follow.  It was an ideal morning filled with luxuries I am rarely able to enjoy.  It felt wonderful.

I got around I decided to navigate my way to the bakery.  Luckily with the help of my phone I didn't get lost.  I ordered a turkey breast and avocado sandwich with green tea and a piece of cake named the Frazier.  I also purchased three pastries to go for us to share and enjoy later.

During my lunch I read more of my book and then decided I would take a walk along the lake and read some more on the dock.  It was enjoyable and gave me time to reflect on all the blessings in my life.  After making a mental list I felt so complete and content with life.  I really do "have it all" or at least all I ever wanted or needed.

From reading this book it has kinda inspired me to maybe take on the challenge of the whole 29 gifts in 29 days concept.  It is intriguing to me and I wonder how I will be changed by the experience.
I have included pics below of my experience at the bakery today and some sights from my walk.







1 comment:

  1. Hi, Anna! I'm admiring all your creative posts here so can you please share them with us at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? I hope to see you Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete