Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pillow Revamp

The pillows on our couch were looking way too shabby.  First of all, they did not offer much contrast as they are the pillows that came with and coordinate with our couch.  Second, they had seen better days as they have had to endure the wrath of two dogs, being used as support during late night feedings, and being thrown at the members of our household by Clint as he sometimes finds it really funny to throw the pillows at people when they least suspect it. 

Anyhow, I knew that our couch needed new and improved pillows.  I didn't want to get rid of them completely, but wanted to add some and revamp some of the coordinating ones.  For the revamped ones, I did this by ripping the seams of some of them and adding stuffing to them and stitching them back up.  For the new ones, I went to JoAnn's and bought two fabrics and made four pillow shells.  I stuffed them using the stuffing from two of the couch pillows I was omitting from our decor.  This made the project very thrifty!  With the use of my 40% off coupons I was able to make four pillows for under $10!  I do have a little bit of material left over that I plan to use to make some rosettes with. 

This project was fun and I think it turned our nicely, don't you?  Take a look for yourself!
Here is the before:

 And here are a few after shots:


No comments:

Post a Comment