Saturday, January 22, 2011

Halloween festivities

This year for Halloween I decided to make costumes for Clint, Jude and myself.  I loved the way that Jude's turned out and he looked absolutely adorable.  We went as the Rubble's from the Flintstones.  Clint was Barney, Jude was Bam Bam and I was Betty.  We had a Halloween party to go to at my sister in law's house.  It was a lot of fun. 

I made Jude's costume mostly out of felt.  The skirt and bone that was attached are both felt.  The triangles and straps are made of a furrier material.  I didn't want it to be itchy or irritating the whole night.

 
Here is my little Bam Bam. 

I love his belly hanging over.


I had been debating whether or not to take Jude trick or treating.  The weather was super cold and Clint was away.  Then, my mom called and said she wanted to come over, go to dinner and take him trick or treating.  So, we did and I am glad we did.  Jude loved it and within 2 or 3 houses he had the whole "trick or treat" down.  We didn't go for very long but Jude got tons of candy.  I think being the coaches son worked in his favor because parents of his players were giving him multiple handfuls.

It's been two and a half months since Halloween and we still have a lot left over since we don't let him have sweets often.  His favorite candy is now "ruckers" also known as suckers. 

Here is my mom and Jude (all bundled) leaving Confer's, our local grocery store.

Such a cutie.

Getting candy....lots of it from this house. 

Assessing the goods.

Putting the lid on tight to keep others out.

All in all, Halloween was great.  I think  Jude had a great time with both the party at his Aunt Amanda's and Uncle Tony's but also the trick or treating part.

Just thought I would post Clint and my costume as well. 

Clint and myself.

Mt sister in law, Amanda as Marge Simpson and I.


No comments:

Post a Comment