Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My turn....

Clint and his coaching staff decided that they would rotate who would bring a between practice meal to share each day of two-a-days. Basically, they volunteered their wives or girlfriends (or themselves if they didn't have a significant other) to prepare a dish for all nine members of the coaching staff.

I decided to do my Cilantro Lime Tacos as I had most of the ingredients on hand. Luckily, I had just gotten a bunch of tomatoes from my father in law and stopped in to my mother in laws greenhouse (Montrose Greenhouse) to pick up some Cilantro.

Since Clint told me the importance of it being an easy meal, he wasn't exactly digging the idea of tacos. He complained that I make things too complicated and also that I get too extravagant with things like this. He wanted something that could just be scooped into bowls, etc. Therefore, I decided to get individual, disposable containers to make it easier and more manageable. In essence, I won the battle. I didn't want to go with some of his suggestions and make goulosh or something like that. He thinks I care too much about what people think of my cooking....and I admit, I do. I take pride in my cooking and enjoy making a good meal.

Since I was making (9) indiviual containers, I thought it was best to set up an assembly line.

Here they are all lined up.
Then, I scooped all the toppings in the container. (Sour Cream, Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced onions and salsa).
Next, I took to tortilla shells and filled them with the chicken mixture and topped with cheese.
I wrapped them in foil in order to keep the toppings from making them soggy.
Last, I placed a peanut butter cookie (wrapped in a sandwish bag) on top.
Voila! Nine meals for nine hungry coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment