Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tonight's quick meal: Chicken Quesadillas.

I decided to make a simple, easy meal tonight. I had flour tortillas left over from making Cilantro Lime Tacos yesterday so I decided to make Quesadilla's. It's a recipe that I use when I am trying to get a meal done from start to finish in very little time and yet, it needs to be healthy.

I simply add a little oil to a pan. Add diced chicken and cook til no longer pink. I then added half of a diced onion and a medium diced bell pepper. I added a little but of salt, pepper and cumin to taste. I set this aside in a small bowl as pictured below.


I lay (1) flour tortilla in a pan and top with shredded cheese.
I top with chicken mixture and lay another tiny sprinkle of cheese on top of the chicken mixture. Then add a second flour tortilla on top. The reason I add the second bit of cheese is because as it melts, it makes the top tortilla stick which makes for easier flipping. You just cook the quesadilla on medium heat intil browned and cheese it melted.
Last, I cut Jude's into a heart shape.
Here is Jude with a mouthful of Chicken Quesadilla. He ate the entire thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment