Thursday, August 5, 2010

So Fresh....Garden Veggie Salad.

I mentioned before how fortunate I am to get fresh produce from my in-laws. Well, here is the proof. A whole 5 lb. bucket of proof from my father in law. The bucket was filled to the top with cucumbers, tomatoes, zuchini, and a bunch of different peppers. This inspired me to make one of my favorite summer salads.





First, I chop 2 cucumbers.



Then, 3 tomatoes.



Next, finely chop 1/2 of a medium red onion.



And a small bell pepper.



I happened to have some left over sweet corn, so I added that as well.



Look at the beautiful colors of these fresh ingredients!



I added just a little more than 1/2 cup of Red Wine Vinegar.



Added 2 tbs. of sugar.




And salt and pepper to taste.

This makes such a fresh, yummy salad. It's so easy peasy and delish at the same time. Try it for yourself. It also taste good with some fresh basil, but I didn't have any on hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment