Thursday, August 5, 2010

Yummy to my tummy Chicken Pot Pie!

I personally love chicken. I also love a dish that offers everything you need in one meal. Who doesn't like "all inclusive"? That's the reason I love Chicken Pot Pie. There is a lot of substitutions that can be made in any pot pie recipe based on preferences in protein or veggies. I have often substituted the veggies for what I have had on hand.

Anyways, here is my super duper pot pie recipe.


Here are the steps.

Chop one cup of carrots.Chop 1/2 cup celery.
Chop 1.5 lb. chopped chicken breast.
Add the carrots, celery, chicken and 1 cup of frozen broccoli to a saucepan. Add just enough water to cover. Boil for 15 minutes.Drain.Chop 1/3 cup of onions. I always add a bit more since Clint, Jude and myself like onions.
Saute onions with 1/3 cup butter.
In the meantime, get out your prepared pie crusts.
Lay the first one in a pie plate. Pour in the chicken mixture.
Add 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. black pepper and 1/2 tsp. of celery seed to the onion mixture.
Then add 1.5 cup of Chicken broth and 2/3 cup milk.
It gives you a gravy that looks like this.
Pour this gravy over the chicken mixture. Cover with the other pie crust and bake at 425 for 30 minutes!

Voila! Now you have a delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment